- Home /
- Press /
- Contact /
- About Us /
- Our work /
- Training /
- Events /
- News /
- Resources /
- Funding /
- CANparent /
- Become a member
Reg company number: 3817762 | Reg charity number: 1077722 | Reg'd in England and Wales
This service offers a wide range of support to young parents under the age of 25 across Cardiff. This includes delivery of structured programmes around parenting, nurturing and antenatal support. Groups are delivered across Cardiff to support parents back into education, training and employment and to increase confidence and self-esteem.
You will undertake direct work with individuals as part of a clear plan to prepare young parents to engage in group programmes. To plan, prepare and deliver group work with children, young people and their families.
Your core duties will be:
– Supervision of staff no higher than PW1
– To manage complex cases
– To provide direct parenting support to young families across Cardiff
– To deliver specific programmes of support around parenting, nurturing etc
– To manage the planning, preparation and delivery of group based workshops
– To support parents on a one to one basis in order to prepare them for group sessions.
The Successful post holder will have:
– Knowledge of the effects of disadvantage on children and families.
– Knowledge of the work of social care agencies working with children and families.
– Relevant experience of working with children/young people and families.
– The ability to work some flexible hours to meet the requirements of the post.
– The ability to have occasional overnights away from home (usually in relation to training).
– The ability to travel throughout the Locality to meet the requirements of the post.
Fixed term until 30th September 2017. Secondments will be considered subject to line management approval.