- To take a project management role delivering and leading the Stronger Families programme across Leeds and Bradford, adopting restorative approaches to support delivery at all levels of the programme.
- Lead and manage effective partnership arrangements to support programme delivery, and meet the requirements of both BBO and EU funding and Guidance.
- Utilise and implement a Project management approach to implement and manage all aspects of programme delivery.
- To ensure that project objectives are delivered on time, within budget and to expected levels of quality.
- To engage collaboratively with partners and other stakeholders to gain ownership, agreement and commitment to delivering change, co-operation and resources to successfully deliver service improvement.
- Providing a key point of contact, co-ordination and advocacy for the key strategic responsibilities of the Stronger Families programme within the immediate partnership and wider stakeholders.
- Sees the bigger picture and develops long term implementation strategies that maximise opportunities to add value, improve outcomes and support economic growth and sustainable growth
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
In order to fulfil the standard requirements of the post, potholders must meet the following requirements. Candidates for selection for the post will only be shortlisted for interview if they can demonstrate in their application that they meet these requirements.
Method Of Assessment (MOA) – A = Application Form T = Test I = Interview C = Certificate
Essential Requirement :
Significant experience of leading and managing major projects involving cultural change around people, processes, budgets and technology using formal project management techniques and of reporting recommendations in a variety of formats.
Substantial experience of writing reports and delivering presentations to a very high standard.
Significant experience in leading and managing multiple projects with a key focus on delivery and quality in the field of vulnerable children and families and the employment and skills agenda.
Experience of delivering similar projects and co-production ways of working
Significant experience of line managing project teams to deliver successful change projects.
Innovation, business analysis and delivering change :
- Experience of analysing complex operational and performance requirements and recommending improvements.
- Experience of analysing, interpreting, and presenting complex business data to support the case for change.
- Experience of analysing and presenting current practice and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Experience of leading and managing change projects that improve service quality and support a culture that drives up standards and performance.
- Experience of working on projects that have delivered customer focussed outcomes
Working with partners in Children’s Services environment and wider partnership
Excellent understanding of the agendas for children, adult and family services
Excellent understanding of the direction of travel within the Employment and skills agenda.
Project Management accreditation desirable
Excellent partnership skills and experience of stakeholder engagement.
Take initiative, is innovative and seeks out opportunities to create effective change
Is passionate about improving outcomes and role models positive leadership behaviours to support shared outcomes.
- Degree, member of a professional body or equivalent academic qualification.
- Extensive experience of partnership working and managing partnership relationships across broad range of agencies and expertise.
- Ability to chair meetings, including meetings to risk assess and develop plans for individual families
- Experience of working to specified work programmes and timetables.
- Experience of making swift decisions and judgements.
- Experience of working on own initiative.
- Experience of supervising and managing teams of staff.
- Experience of taking forward major initiatives from development to implementation.
- Experience of managing competing priorities whilst delivering on a range of projects and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Substantial experience of communicating key issues effectively and appropriately to a high standard, verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences, including senior managers.